MASTER OF ARCHITECTURE
Masters in Architecture, known as M.Arch, is a postgraduate course, and the minimum eligibility for this course is a Bachelor’s degree in Architecture with a minimum aggregate score of 50%, completed from a recognized institution. The architecture field involves the process of planning, designing and execution of residential and commercial infrastructure. It is a two-year program divided into four semesters and can be pursued through regular batch or distance education. There are several specializations in this field like Landscape Architecture, Green Architecture, Naval Architecture, etc. The Council of Architecture in India regulates the curriculum and professional applications of this field.
Course Subjects for specialization
This course offers specialization in various subjects relevant to the field of Architecture. The council of architecture has offered specialization in the subjects below for Masters in architecture course.
- Architectural conservation
- Building engineering and management
- Urban design
- Landscape architecture
- Architectural design
- Sustainable architecture
- Transport planning
- Town and country planning
- Regional planning
- Industrial design
- Environmental planning
- Architecture and digital design
In order to get admission to this course the entry requirements are
- Candidates who have completed their Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch) from a recognized university with minimum 50% of marks in their final exam.
- Candidates who have appeared and scored at least 50% in their entrance exam are required for admission to this course.
- Students who have given entrance exams such as General aptitude test in engineering (GATE) and common entrance exam for design (CEED). Some universities conduct their unique entrance exams which are mandatory for students aspiring to secure admission. Students should have a good level of knowledge and understanding in reasoning, numerical, and design and aptitude skills in order to get admission to this course.
- Some Institutes require an aptitude test and an Interview for admission into the Master's Degree in Architecture.